Learning to Read
The bronze statue in front of the library was generously donated by the Friends of the Romulus Public Library and the family of Lew and Nell Sheppard. The statue is a Max Turner bronze entitled Learning to Read. The dedication of this statue took place at the library on the evening of September 29,2005. It will grace the front area of the library for years to come and will be enjoyed by all who enter the building.
Once Upon a Time
The stained glass that hangs near the library entrance is called Once Upon a Time and was donated by Michael and Tiffany Patrias in memory of Michael’s grandmother, Lillian Patrias. Lillian was a member of the Friends of the Library and a dedicated volunteer for many years. The glass was dedicated on May 19, 2012.
Bright Sky was created by Romulus artist, Emilie Beadle using oil paint applied in many layers with a palette knife. The work represents a sunset over a body of water. The hope is that the painting will bring a sense of wonder, beauty and peacefulness to those who view it. The painting is dedicated in memory of Jan Conrad, an advocate for and supporter of the library for many years. Bright Sky honors Jan’s own artistic abilities and her commitment to the Library, her family and the community. Dedicated on May 21, 2016.
Donated by 15 Hungry Woman and a Book in memory of Jan Conrad. Dedicated on May 21, 2016.
Painted by Muriel Fischer Boelter (1911-1997), a local artist.